gamescom 2021 planned as a hybrid event
gamescom 2021 is going to be staged as a hybrid event. The concept encompasses the following physical and digital contents and formats:
- An entertainment area especially designed for a reduced amount of on-site visitors, which focuses on the testing of new games live on-site including a digital queue management system
- a further developed gamescom now as a central meeting point on the web for gaming fans from all over the globe
- gamescom shows familiar from previous years such as the gamescom: Opening Night Live or the gamescom studio
- An event arena for eSport competitions or cosplay shows
- A business area expanded to include Hall 11 in order to offer as many trade visitors optimal networking conditions also in 2021
- A first ever online B2B platform called "gamescom biz"
The devcom and the gamescom congress are also planned both on-site and with digital elements in 2021. The developer conference devcom will once again offer a wide range of options for game developers on the topics game development, tech & tools, art & animation and diversity. The gamescom congress on the other hand serves as a think tank for digitalisation far beyond the games industry and addresses creative artists, teachers, politicians, scientists, journalists and industry representatives from all sectors.