Media Summer NRW – Germany’s media industry meets in Cologne from 12th to 27th June
Media Summer NRW – Germany’s media and entertainment industry meets at a fair, conferences and award ceremonies in Cologne from 12th to 27th June
12th -14th June ANGA Cable – Business platform for broadband and content
13th June Factual Entertainment Summit in MMC studios
13th – 19th June Entertainment Master Class – Comedy and Sitcom – in NRW for the first time
13th – 14th June Emmy judging in the categories Drama, Drama Series, Comedy, Current Affairs
16th June Presentation of the German Camera Award
18th -20th June Medienforum.NRW in the Koelnmesse
18th – 20th June International Film Conference: Digital Distribution, Entertainment and New Content
20th June Presentation of the Grimme Online Awards
20th – 24th June C’n’B convention and c/o pop festival
25th – 27th June 5th Deutsche Welle Global Media Forum
26th June 13th Broadband-Forum KölNRW
For two weeks in June, Cologne will be the media capital of the Federal Republic once again: from 12th to 27th June, national and international specialists from the media and entertainment industry will be meeting by the Rhine for conferences, award ceremonies and a fair.
With its motto “Brave New Media World: networked, open, mobile” the 24th Medienforum.NRW will be discussing the consequences of current media developments for society and the industry in the areas of Communication, Information, Entertainment and Marketing in the Staatenhaus am Rheinpark from 18th -20th June. Daily evening events offer participants the opportunity for personal contact and exchange. medienforum.nrw.de
International Film Conference of the Film- und Medienstiftung NRW
The International Film Conference 2012 of the Film- und Medienstiftung NRW, which will also be taking place from 18th -20th June, will discuss the impact of digitalisation on the production, distribution and reception of films, TV and innovative media content. www.filmkongress.com
- On Monday, 18th June the film conference starts with an overview of currentdigital distribution, presenting new platforms and their business models and discussing the consequences of new forms of utilisation for films and the cinema. Later, discussion will focus on the course film policy now needs to adopt.
- Cologne is Germany’s entertainment centre. Tuesday, 19th June is therefore devoted to entertainment. Topics looked at will include international trends of TV entertainment, the strategies of broadcasting companies and producers, branding, and format development. The day will finish with a round of discussion on entertainment in the cinema under the heading Film Meets Entertainment.
- Wednesday, 20th June, under the heading New Content, will provide insights – like those given last year as well – into the work of the developing labs at broadcasting stations and production centres. After the presentation of currenttransmedia productions, producers and financing experts will examine the issue ofcrowd funding and its future development.
In the wider context of the Medienforum.NRW, numerous other events will promote networking of the classical and new media industries, and stimulate discussion of future forms of distribution and innovative content development. This year, “Entertainment”will represent a special industry-spanning emphasis:
- ANGA Cable The first of these events is ANGA Cable, Europe’s leading business platform for broadband and content for more than ten years now. From 12th to 14th June the focus will be on hybrid networks, Smart-TV, video-on-demand, and Connected Home. In 2011 more than 400 exhibitors from 37 countries and more than 16,000 specialist visitors came to Cologne for ANGA Cable. www.angacable.com
- Factual Entertainment Summit On 13th June, at the Factual Entertainment Summit held in MMC studios, the focus will be on trends and tendencies, strategies and success factors, and the question of how producers and broadcasters in Germany can profit from the genre’s latest developments. www.hmr-international.de
- Emmy Judging On 13th and 14th June, semi-final judging will decide which of more than 60 TV-programmes in the categories Drama, Current Affairs, Drama Series and Comedy will be nominated for the highly sought-after International Emmy Awards. The jury sitting is being organised by Cologne-based producer Leopold Hoesch (broadview tv) in cooperation with the Film- und Medienstiftung NRW, Landesanstalt für Medien NRW, and MMC studios. The president of the International Emmys, Bruce Paisner, will attend the event. www.iemmys.tv
- Entertainment Master Class The Entertainment Master Class, founded in 2007, will be coming to Cologne for the first time from 13th to 19th June. For five days, participants will be working on the genres sitcom and comedy together with decision-makers and creative specialists from the world of international TV entertainment. www.entertainment-masterclass.tv
- German Camera Award The presentation of the German Camera Award, which has become firmly established as an accolade for the art of cinematography in the 30 years since its founding, will take place in the Vulkanhalle, Cologne on Saturday, 16th June. (By invitation only) www.deutscher-kamerapreis.de
- Grimme Online Award “Zugmonitor”, “Lobbypedia” and “Parteispendenwatch” are only some of the 25 nominees for the Grimme Online Award, which will be presented on 20th June. This year, not only websites but also apps and a Twitter-account have been admitted to the pre-selection for the first time. (By invitation only) www.grimme-online-award.de
- C’n’B – Creativity & Business Convention The C’n’B – Creativity & Business Convention from 20th to 22nd June takes place under the motto “Building the New Entertainment Industry” and provides a forum for makers, creative minds and promoters from the entertainment field of the creative industries. The two-day event invites participants to discuss future forms of production, financing and utilisation, as well as new lifestyle and business models, and innovative trends and visions. The C’n’B will take place parallel to the music festival c/o pop. www.cnb-convention.com
- Global Media Forum The fifth Deutsche Welle Global Media Forum is concerned with the question of culture, education and the role of the media. It will bring together international players from politics, business, science and developmental cooperation and will take place in Bonn from 25th to 27th June. www.dw-gmf.de
- Broadband-Forum KölNRW “Germany between glass-fibre euphoria and infrastructure competition” is the theme of the 13th Broadband-Forum KölNRW, which will be taking place at Deutschen Telekom AG in Bonn on 26th June. Among others, NRW’s State Secretary of Media Marc Jan Eumann will speak on the question, “What sort of infrastructure does society want?” Organiser is the Deutsche Medienakademie in cooperation with bitkom. www.medienakademie-koeln.de