The EU’s Creative Europe funding programme supports the cultural and creative industries in Europe with an overall budget of 1.46 billion Euros between 2014 and 2020. 56 % of the budget is allocated to the MEDIA sub-programme and 31 % to the Culture sub-programme. 13 % is being made available for cross-sector measures. In 2016, a new guarantee fund will be launched to facilitate access to finance for small and medium-sized enterprises.
The MEDIA sub-programme supports the development, international circulation and promotion of European audiovisual works as well as the training and international networking of European players.
Who / What is supported?
- Development Single Projects (for cinema, TV, digital platforms)
- Development Slate Funding (for cinema, TV, digital platforms)
- TV Programming
- Development of (narrative) Video Games
Distribution & Sales
- Automatic Distribution Support
- Selective Distribution Support
- Sales Agents
- Online Distribution
- Film Festivals
- International Markets, Online Tools for Filmmakers, Promotional Activities
- Training Measures
- Audience Development
- International Co-production Funds
- Cinema Networks