In cooperation with the Wim Wenders Foundation, the Film- und Medienstiftung NRW supports the Wim Wenders Grant as a way of promoting innovative cinematic storytelling.
Who can apply?
- Applications are accepted from authors and directors with their first place of residence in Germany, and from NRW in particular.
What are the funding conditions?
- The grant is endowed with up to 100,000 Euros in total and supports young filmmakers to realise their projects by using new means and enriching their visual language.
- Support is given to projects with an innovative cinematic approach as far as content and form are concerned.
- The grant supports the development of the respective project.
- A project concept and budget must be submitted with the application.
- The support is provided in the form of a grant.
How does it work?
- A consultation is required before submitting the application.
- The information and documents required for the application are set out in the application forms.
- There is one call for projects each year.
- The funding decisions are taken by a jury chaired by Wim Wenders.
- Submission dates and all further documents can be found here.