Many important players in the telecommunications and mobile phone sectors – Vodafone, Deutsche Telekom, Telefónica, Ericsson, Huawei or ZTE – are based in NRW. NRW is thus the hub with the greatest international appeal on its way to the gigabit society. Almost 90 per cent of the German mobile phone market is covered by companies from NRW. As a leading hub for mobile business, the federal state offers an ideal environment for the next generation of mobile phones with an efficient infrastructure of service providers, developers and research institutes.
Facts and figures
- hub for the global players: Vodafone, Deutsche Telekom, Telefónica
- almost 90 percent of the German mobile phone market
- more than every fourth job in the telco industry
- on the way to the gigabit society
- hub with international appeal
Telecommunications in NRW