Who can apply?
- Applications can be accepted from operators of North Rhine-Westphalian cinemas and screening venues as well as organizers of film programmes in North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Support is awarded to cinemas in North Rhine-Westphalia that give adequate consideration to German and European films.
What are the funding conditions? How does it work?
Conversion and new construction
- The funding is provided in the form of a grant and/or loan for up to 30% of the eligible costs.
- Innovative marketing measures for cinemas: the funding is provided in the form of a grant for up to 50% of the eligible costs.
- Applications can be constantly submitted.
- The funding decisions are taken by the Film Promotion Committee, which usually convenes five times a year.
Outstanding Film Programmes/Cinema Programming Award
- Premiums of up to 20,000 Euros can be awarded for outstanding film programmes.
- There is one deadline each year for the Cinema Programming Award.
- A specially assembled jury decides on which cinemas are to receive the Cinema Programming Award Prize once a year.
- Grants can be awarded for special film presentations and series.
- Applications for film presentations can be constantly submitted.
- The funding decisions for film presentations are taken by the CEO.
- The information and documents required for the application are set out in the application forms.
- A consultation is required before submitting an application.
- Submission dates and all further documents can be found here.