Who can apply?
- Applications are accepted from freelance authors, composers and producers who have their place of residence in NRW, whose projects are being realised in NRW, or whose projects are of particular cultural interest for North Rhine-Westphalia.
What is supported and what are the funding conditions?
- Work grant – compelling exposé, extract of text or dialogue and CV
- Production funding – completed manuscript or score, budget and CV
- Apart from innovative approaches for auditory art, applications may also be made for the funding of communication and publication aids – the funding condition to be clarified on a case-by-case basis.
How does it work?
- A consultation (also on the telephone) is recommended.
- The information and documents required for an application are set out in the application forms.
- The support is allocated in the form of a grant.
- There are three deadlines each year.
- The funding decision is taken by the management, based on a recommendation from a advisory committee.
- Submission dates and all further documents can be found here.
Conferences and awards
- The Radio Drama Forum NRW is an annual working conference for the young generation of radio drama authors in German-speaking countries.
- The Hörspielpreis der Kriegsblinden has been supported by the Film- und Medienstiftung NRW since 1994 and the German Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired since 2020. The award had previously been organised by the Bund der Kriegsblinden.
- The German Kids Radio Drama Award is presented each year by ARD and Film- und Medienstiftung NRW in cooperation with the city of Wuppertal. Applications can be made between Mayand August each year (please look out for the corresponding press release). You can find the relevant application documents in our Service Centre.